Today, the new era of Formula 1 has landed on Xbox consoles across the world with the arrival of EA Sports F1 22 on EA Play.
EA Play members can get on track early with the F1 22 10-hour trial starting today, June 28. Or if you’re an EA Play Pro member, you’ll be able to play the full Champions Edition.
About F1 22
The latest edition in the official F1 series of video games allows players to race the stunning new F1 cars, designed for greater competition, against the current lineup of all 20 drivers and 10 teams, and compete in the recently added F1 Sprint.
Players can add more race-day authenticity with new Immersive or Broadcast race sequences, such as formation laps, safety car moments and pit stops, with the ability to take control of their vehicle or watch a TV-style sequence. The acclaimed Career is back with two-player option, My Team now comes with three starting points, and players can race head-to-head in split-screen, or online in Multiplayer.
New for F1 22 is F1 Life; a new social hub that allows players to personalize their character and apartment with the latest fashion items, accessories and supercars. The hub also serves as a multiplayer lobby, making it easier to connect with friends. The eight supercars, unlocked through gameplay, can be raced in the new Pirelli Hot Lap feature.
EA Play Pro members and purchasers of the F1 22 Champions Edition will receive a whole host of additional content:
- 3 New My Team Icons: Hulkenberg, Rosberg, and Villeneuve
- 2 Drivable Safety Cars, available only in Time Trial Mode: Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series Safety Car and Aston Martin Vantage Safety Car
- 18,000 PitCoin
- Dual Entitlement upgrade, upgrade your copy to Xbox Series X|S at no additional cost
- F1 Life Starter Pack: Make your space your own with items such as furniture including wall art, and a player t-shirt
- F1 22 New Era Content: Car livery, Suit, Helmet, Cap, T-shirt (for F1 Life) inspired by the stunning Official Formula 1 2022 New Era car
F1 22 will release July 1, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Players can purchase the digital-only F1 22 Champions Edition today for additional content and up to three days of early access. If you’re not already a member, join EA Play today to join the new era of Formula 1 in EA Sports F1 22, the official video game of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship.